Mechanical Technology, Inc. NEBB Certified Test & Balance firm. We have been in business for 29 years, and in that time, we have developed a reputation for being experts in our industry.
We are currently seeking to hire an Air & Hydronic Balancing Technician. Ideal candidates will have NEBB certification.
Commercial/Industrial HVAC Test & Balance Technician possess experience in maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting a wide variety of air handling, exhaust systems, ductwork, and fluid flow equipment associated with commercial, institutional, and industrial HVAC systems. Ideal candidate will also have excellent written/verbal skills, organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and will be proficient in Algebra.
• Performs testing, adjusting, and balancing (TAB) of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, using specialized tools and test equipment, to meet functional and performance standards.
• Inspect systems to verify compliance with plans, specifications, and equipment operating requirements.
• Diagnoses, adjusts, tests, and balances system components to achieve optimal system performance.
• Investigates system malfunctions and operation deficiencies to determine source and isolate and resolve problems.
• Ensures that HVAC systems are installed properly and are adjusted to meet design specifications.
• Reads and interprets system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine proper configuration and arrangement of system components.
• Layout, preparing for job, design review.
• Maintaining proper documentation of daily work using work orders and reports properly outlining all Test & Balance work performed, and is in compliance with criteria for system function, performance, and maintainability.
• Test airflow volume and velocity, static pressure and uniformity testing, differential pressurization testing, airflow visualization, and performing leakage tests.
• Test performance of air and hydronic systems, using specialized tools and test equipment to isolate problems and determine where adjustments are necessary.
• 2 years of experience in the test and balance field.- Preferred
• NEBB certified. – Preferred
• Must have air and hydronic experience.
• BAS/BAC – system verification and controls experience. – Preferred
• Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable
• Applicants will be required to submit to security screenings by government agencies
• Applicants must be able to interface with the construction and manufacturing personal to facilitate the balancing of highly critical industrial exhaust system and other related services in industrial and commercial facilities.
• Travel required – Salary DOE
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dylan Bandy 406-245-8340